French true/false answer check!
posted by Rynn .
star**** by my answer
1. The entire nation of Canada is French speaking. (2 points)
2. Louis Joliet discovered France in his early expeditions. (2 points)
3. Louis Joliet was the first European explorer born in Québec. (2 points)
4. The city of Québec is the only city in North America with a wall built around it for protection. (2 points)
5. The city of Québec lies on the Mississippi river. (2 points)
6. The people of Québec are very proud of their French heritage. (2 points)
7. The early settlers in Québec had many encounters with tribal members of the First Nations. (2 points)
8. The Château de Versailles is the large castle in the city of Québec. (2 points)
9. Which of the following is not true about Louis Joliet? (2 points)
He was born in Québec.
He went to France to study map making.
He lived to publish several volumes about his explorations.*****
He explored all along the Mississippi River.
#1 is false.. that much I know. Everything else? Uh.. you'll have to wait for Miss Sue to help.
You're correct on most that I looked at. But this isn't really a topic I study often although I am learning.
Three of your answers are wrong.