Welcome to Jiskha Homework Help!
Every day Jiskha helps thousands of students with their homework by maintaining a free, ad-supported question and answer platform which is accessible 24/7 by anyone in the world.
Anyone can ask a question, and anyone can answer questions. No registration is required.
Jiskha Homework Help was created in 1998 as a simple website which hosted basic school notes for a handful of classes such as history, geometry, and language arts. Over the years Jiskha evolved into its present form as a Q&A platform on which anyone can post homework questions and receive help in any subject.
The website, "Jiskha", was named after the founder's late dog. The word "Jiskha" means "good girl" in a native Bolivian language called Aymara.
In 2019, Jiskha began launching sister websites in languages other than English. Our most popular languages aside from English are Sesotho, Spanish, and Tagalog.
In 2021, Jiskha Homework Help became a property of Jiskha LLC in Texas.
Question & Answer Guidelines
When posting questions or answers, please:
- Double-check your spelling and grammar before posting.
- Show any work you have completed, and include any relevant details.
- Post answers which are helpful to other visitors.
- Do not post any rude comments.
Please up-vote or down-vote any questions and answers whenever possible. Voting helps us determine which content our visitors find most valuable and which content needs to be removed.
Visitors are prohibited from posting the following types of content:
- Rude or offensive language
- Pretending to be someone you are not
- Advertising of any kind
- Gibberish or nonsensical text
- Asking for or sharing personal information
- Deliberately providing wrong or misleading information
- Threats of any kind (will result in immediate ban)
- Hacking or attempting to use the website in a way it is not intended
- External links with little or no context, including:
- A single link with no detailed explanation of what the link is for
- Links to search engines
- References to an external website (e.g. "use Google for more info")
- Lists of links
- Duplicate content which is exactly the same as previously-posted content
A visitor may be banned from posting additional content if they post unacceptable content a minimum of three times. In some cases a visitor may be banned after publishing less than three unacceptable posts depending on the content and context of their posts.
Jiskha is hiring! We are currently seeking:
- Content moderators
- Data analysts
- Project managers
- Web developers
If you or someone you know may be interested in working with us, please contact us with a resume and cover letter.