Statistics

posted by .

A bucket has 3 blacks and 7 red balls.
(a) What is the probability of drawing a black fall on the first draw? (my answer - 3/10 x 100 = 30%) (b) What is the probability of drawing a red ball on the 2nd draw if you replace the black ball you drew on the first draw? (my answer - 7/10 x 100 = 70%) (c) How would your answer to (b) change if you don't replace the ball you drew? (my answer 7/9 x 100 = 77.78%) (d) What is the probability of drawing a red, red and black in that order? (assume replacement after each draw) (my answer 7/10 x 7/10 x 3/10 = .0147) Please verify. Thank you

  • Statistics -

    Verified! Good work!

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. Probability -- Help?

    Sampling one at a time with replacement from a bag with 8 blue, 7 red, and 5 green. What is the probability of getting at least two red in 3 draws?
  2. math/probability

    The Probability of drawing two black balls in succession from a bag containing 4 red and 3 black balls when the ball first drawn is a) replaced b) not replaced
  3. Statistics

    You have a bucket with 3 black balls and 7 red balls. What is the probability of drawing 2 reds and 1 black in 3 draws if order is not important?
  4. math

    6. A bowl contains 10 red balls, 10 green balls and 10 white balls. a. What is the probability of drawing 2 white balls with replacement?
  5. statistics

    A box contains 3 white and 5 black balls. Four balls are drawn at random "with replacement" from the box (i.e. selected balls are returned to the box and mixed, before drawing the next ball). Let X be the number of black balls drawn. …
  6. math

    A jar contains 3 pink balls, 6 blue balls, and 3 red balls. Event A = drawing a red ball on the first draw Event B = drawing a pink ball on the second draw If two balls are drawn from the jar, one after the other without replacement, …
  7. statistic

    You draw one card from a shuffled standard deck or cards (cards are in four suits-red diamonds, red heart, black clubs and black spades-and are numbered 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, J,O,K,A). A.What is the probability of drawing a red card …
  8. statistic

    You draw one card from a shuffled standard deck or cards (cards are in four suits-red diamonds, red heart, black clubs and black spades-and are numbered 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, J,O,K,A). A.What is the probability of drawing a red card …
  9. statistic help please

    2. A survey of 259 families was made to determine their vacation habits. The two way table below sorts the families by location and the vacations by the length of the vacation. Rural Suburban Urban Total 1–7 days 80 39 37 156 8ormore …
  10. stats

    A jar contains 7 black balls and 25 red balls. You take 2 out without replacing them. Find a)the probability of drawing 2 red balls in a row, b) the probability of drawing a red ball, then a black ball, c) the probability that the …

More Similar Questions