posted by mac .
13. A procedure used to remove kidney stones by breaking them up in the urinary tract
and allowing them to wash out with urine is
A. ureterolithotomy. C. lithotripsy.
B. lithopaxy. D. nephrolithotomy.
14. The convulsive stage of toxemia of pregnancy is
A. eclampsia. C. carcinoma in situ.
B. dyspareunia. D. colposcopy.
15. When comparing the blood smears of patients with intact spleens to those of patients
without spleens, the blood smears of patients without spleens will likely reveal
A. many more fragile and old erythrocytes.
B. many more lymphocytes and monocytes.
C. many more bacteria.
D. less red blood cells.
16. All of the following except _______ refer to the female womb.
A. METR/O C. UTER/O
B. HYSTER/O D. PELVIC/O
17. The period of time when the uterus returns to its normal size is the
A. luteal phase. C. puerperium.
B. menarche. D. ovulation.
18. Your brother develops a fever, extreme fatigue, and enlarged lymph nodes throughout
his body. If his illness is caused by a virus, the best treatment is
A. chemotherapy and radiotherapy. C. surgery.
B. antivirals. D. bed rest.
19. One of the distinguishing characteristics between HIV and AIDS is
A. the length of time since the HIV infection.
B. the mode of transmission of the HIV infection.
C. the development of opportunistic infections.
D. the types of treatment available.
20. Which of the following contains erythrocytes?
A. Lymph fluid C. Lymph nodes
B. Lymph vessels D. Spleen21. Where do fibroid tumors develop?
A. Testes C. Diverticulum
B. Uterus D. Liver
I hope you are not planning a career in health care.
You can answer most of these questions by reading your text or googling the choices.