1. When you summarize an informational article, you should (1 point)
leave out minor details.
use the author's words, including direct quotations.
leave out important details.
include as much information as possible.
2. Why might a scientist choose to categorize scientific information in a summary? (1 point)
to help readers relate a scientific topic to their own lives
to give readers a quick way to understand a complex subject
to offer readers a chance to voice their own opinions
to pose questions for futher scientific research
3. Which of the following statements about action and linking verbs is true? (1 point)
An action verb is a something that can be done.
A linking verb connects the subject of a sentence with a noun, descriptive word, or phrase.
Some verbs can be either action or linking verbs depending on how they are used in a sentence.
all of the above
4. Which of the following verbs is an action verb? (1 point)
5. Which type of verb appears in the following sentence?
Hawaiian pizza always tastes good to me. (1 point)
action verb (physical)
action verb (mental)
I disagree with you on #1. I agree with you on #s 2, 3, and 5.
I think #4 isn't a good question because the first three of those verbs are action verbs. The fourth can be action or linking, depending on the context.posted by Writeacher
Well for 1, I was going for either A or D, but I went with D.
4, and action verb would have to include action wouldn't it?
#4 was correct, I got 100%, thanks for your help. :-)
so what was the answer
posted by andre