I'm reposting you a few sentences I checked myself again, because you told me they were too wordy. Could you please have a look at them? Thank you
1)A ghost appears to Hamlet and asks him to take revenge and kill his murderer, Claudius.
1) Correction: A ghost appears to Hamlet and asks him to avenge his murder by killing Claudius.
2)At the end of the play Hamlet manages to kill Claudius, but he also dies and his mother as well.
Correction: At the end of the play Hamlet manages to kill Cladius but he dies together with his mother Gertrude.
3) Hamlet wants to be sure about what the ghost revealed him. So he arranges a play representing the Murder of Gonzago which is very similar to what had happened to his father.
3)Correction: Hamlet arranges the performance of The Murder of Gonzago whose story is very similar to what happened to Hamlet's father (to the one revealed to Hamlet by the ghost).
4) During the play Claudius raises and rushes away showing that the ghost was right.
5) This play is very important because during it the actors become the audience itself that’s why it’s called the play-within-the –play.
4)Correction: the play-within-the play is so called because the actors of the real play turn into (become?) the audience (itself).
5)Then he imagines an afterlife and he sees it as a sleep with dreams in which your troubles follow you and this is a Renaissance perspective.
6) Correction: Hamlet imagines death as a sleep. However, being a Renaissance man, he is tormented by the idea of an afterlife.
1. She told me a story. 2. I was told a story by her. 3. A story was told me by her. 4. A story was told to me by her. (#1 is an active sentence. The others are passive sentences. Do we have to put 'to' before 'me' as in #4 or
I'm reposting this because I didn't quite understand what Guru told me last time... "Explain how people can find miracles in everyday life. Support your ideas with examples from the two poems 'in Just' and 'Fog'." Please
I need to use at least five different pronouns in my sentences. Can you help? (I) recently asked (my) sister about (her) use of credit cards. (She) told (me) that (she) uses it to make everday purchases. (I) asked (her) if (she)
It certainly pays to check your work! I just took a HUGE science test. I checked it over twice before I turned it in, and got an A! My score was 94 out of 100! I figure that each time I checked it, I found half of the mistakes
Sentences with the same meaning. The beginnig is set. b) I wish you'd told me about the cheap flights to Italy. - If only you told me about the cheap flights to Italy c) Thanks to the skill of the surgeon, the child survived. - If
Do I have all the pronouns in() in these sentences? Are the sentences correct? 1. My friend Gloria has decided that (she)needs to go to debt counseling. 2. When Gloria and I discussed the matter (we) thought that it would be best
Complete the sentences. My answers are with capital Amanda had become an expert in her field by the time she is 25. She told us how SHE HAS BEEN WORKING her way through college when the company HAD RECRUITED her. She told us
I checked other sentences. Can you please have a look at them. 1) Dorian wishes he would stay young forever while the portrait would grow old in his place (I changed the simple past into the conditional as you told me) 2) The sins