English Wording

is this right: ... "sent through the mail" or does that sound awkward

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 99
  1. It's fine as long as you use the be verb in front of it.

    The check was sent through the mail.

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0
  2. Correction: I guess other uses are ok too.

    I sent it through the mail.

    Just thought of that right after hitting send.

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0
  3. ok thank you

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. algebra 2

    the loudness L of a sound in decibels is given L=10log10R, where R is the sound's relative intensity. if the intensity of a certain sound is tripled, by how many decibels does the sound increase? due tomorrow, tuesday, april 5th,

  2. Physics(Please respond)

    A source emits sound uniformly in all directions. There are no reflections of the sound. At a distance of 12 m from the source, the intensity of the sound is 1.7 × 10-3 W/m2. What is the total sound power P emitted by the source?

  3. physics

    Factory Worker A is exposed to a sound of a constant intensity of 6.30 × 10–4 W m–2 at a distance of 1.00 m from a noisy machine. The frequency of the sound is 4.00 kHz. (a) What is the sound level in decibels (dB) of this

  4. Science

    14. The speed of sound depends on (1 point) A.the loudness of the sound. B.the pitch of the sound. C.the source of the sound.*** D.the properties of the medium it travels through

  1. algebra 1

    You work in the local mailroom at a college. One of your duties is to sort local mail from all of the other mail. You can sort 8 pieces of mail in 10 seconds. How many pieces of mail should you be able to sort in 45 minuets?

  2. physics

    An explosion occurs at the end of a pier. The sound reaches the other end of the pier by traveling through three media: air, fresh water, and a slender metal handrail. The speeds of sound in air, water, and the handrail are 355,

  3. Ela

    What are 2 things that make the zoom sound ,meow sound ,and ding dong sound ?

  4. Statistics

    According to Internet security experts, approximately 90% of all e-mail messages are spam (unsolicited commercial e-mail), while the remaining 10% are legitimate. A system administrator wishes to see if the same percentages hold

  1. science

    Find and save a piece of junk mail. What is this piece of mail trying to persuade you to do? Were you at all tempted by the offer? Why or why not? What principles of social psychology does it use to accomplish its goals? How could

  2. Writing

    In the novel, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, a major character, Jem's view on the world shifts drastically due to his experiences with his hometown Does this sentence sound awkward? If so, how can I make this sentence flow

  3. Interview for Job

    Tell me what you would do if you were on a team and another team member didn’t pull their weight. I would do my part, and wait for them to do theirs. A team has to work together, it should be all of the members of the team

  4. Algebra

    7. A utility company asked 50 of its customers whether they pay their bills online or by mail. What is the probability that a customer pays the bill by mail, given that the customer is female?​ Online|By Mail Male| 12 |8 Female|

You can view more similar questions or ask a new question.