Health Physics

A machine is used to either do work or to convert energy. To find the efficiency of a machine, one must compare the power input to the machine to the power output of the machine. What does thepower take into account in addition to the amount of work done or the amount of energy converted by the machine?

  1. 👍
  2. 👎
  3. 👁

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. Physics

    The efficiency of a machine is 60℅,find In joules the work done by a student using the machine to rise a load of 150kg through a vertical distance or 2.5 m (g=10m/s2)

  2. Science

    We know that the law of conservation of energy states that energy can not be created or destroyed. It only changes form. Consider this energy transformation diagram. Assume that the energy input in this case is chemical potential

  3. science(check answers)

    can someone check my answer thanks ! 2.The ability to do work or cause change is called A.velocity. B.energy.(I PICK B.) C.transfer. D.friction. 3.Which type of energy is demonstrated by a person jogging? A.electrical energy

  4. Physics

    In a simple machine, the energy input is 120j. If the efficiency of the machine is 80%. Calculate the energy output

  1. Physics

    The efficiency of a machine is 80% calculate the work done by a person using the machine to raise a load of 300kg through a height of 4m (take g=10/s2)

  2. science

    A machine raises a load of 600N through a height of 1.5m when an effort of 100N moves a total distance of 20m.(a) calculate the work done in raising the load.(b) what is the mechanical advantage of the machine?(c) calculate the

  3. Physics

    Suppose you were to drop a 9 lb bowling ball from the top of the Empire State Building, which is about 440 m tall, onto a machine that would catch it and then convert its kinetic energy into electrical energy. For how long could

  4. Science

    The efficiency of a machine is 60℅. Calculate the work done by a student who used this machine to lift a load of 150kg through a distance of 2.5cm

  1. Physics

    A machine has a velocity ratio of 6 and the efficiency of 75%.what effort would be needed to lift the load with the aid of the machine

  2. Solar Energy Please Help

    Figure 1 shows a simplication of the AM1.5 solar spectrum at 1000W/m2. The spectrum is divided in three spectral ranges: A for 0nm

  3. physics.

    Heat engine X takes four times more energy by heat from the hot reservoir than heat engine Y. Engine X delivers two times more work, and it reject seven times more energy by heat to the cold reservoir than heat engine Y. Find the

  4. Physical Science

    A machine you designed has an efficiency of 60%. What happens to 60% of the work put into the machine, and what happens to the other 40%?

You can view more similar questions or ask a new question.