math

A variable is normally distributed. 42% of the possible observations of the variable lie between 20 and 28. What information does this give you about the graph of the normal curve for this variable?

I am not sure how to exactly explain this. The only thing I can imagine it being is that the z-score would either be -0.02 or 0.02 because it either shades the 20-28 portion which is 42%, or shades the rest which would be 58%. I don't know if this is the right explanation for this.

As far as I am concerned. it does not give me much information. I don't know what area of the curve the 42% cut off. Is it at one end of the the distribution — either the highest or lowest portions? Is it equally spread around the mean? Is it somewhere in between these possibilities?

Unless you have some more information that you have not included, it doesn't give me adequate information to come to any conclusion.

I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 78
asked by J

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. Statistics

    Which of the following is an accurate description of Simpson's paradox? When groups of data are aggregated, an association can get stronger because of a confounding variable. That confounding variable is usually the number of

    asked by Jon on February 21, 2013
  2. Maths

    From a set of 1000 observations known to be normally distributed, the mean is 534 cm and SD is 13.5 cm. How many observations are likely to exceed 561 cm? How many will be between 520.5 cm and 547.5 cm? Between what limits will

    asked by Neeraj Bhanot on October 9, 2010
  3. mba

    from a set of 1000 observations known to be normally distributed the mean is 534 cm and sd is 13.5 cm. how many observations are likely to exceed 561 cm, how many will be between 520.5 cm 547.5 cm, between what limits will the

    asked by quantitative analysis for managerial applications on June 7, 2012
  4. mba

    from a set of 1000 observations known to be normally distributed the mean is 534 cm and sd is 13.5 cm. how many observations are likely to exceed 561 cm, how many will be between 520.5 cm 547.5 cm, between what limits will the

    asked by quantitative analysis for managerial applications on June 7, 2012
  5. mba

    from a set of 1000 observations known to be normally distributed the mean is 534 cm and sd is 13.5 cm. how many observations are likely to exceed 561 cm, how many will be between 520.5 cm 547.5 cm, between what limits will the

    asked by quantitative analysis for managerial applications on June 7, 2012
  6. maths

    3. From a set of 1000 observations known to be normally distributed, the mean is 534 cm and SD is 13.5 cm. How many observations are likely to exceed 561 cm? How many will be between 520.5 cm and 547.5 cm? Between what limits will

    asked by nimisha on October 22, 2010
  7. mba

    from a set of 1000 observations known to be normally distributed the mean is 534 cm and sd is 13.5 cm. how many observations are likely to exceed 561 cm, how many will be between 520.5 cm 547.5 cm, between what limits will the

    asked by subhash on December 6, 2012
  8. Adult Development and life Assessment

    What do we call the variable that is manipulated by an experimenter when conducting in experiment. 1. Independent VARIABLE 2. Dependent variable 3. Beased variable 4. Extraneous variable My answer: Independent variable

    asked by Regina on November 25, 2012
  9. Adult Development and life Assessment

    What do we call the variable that is manipulated by an experimenter when conducting in experiment. 1. Independent VARIABLE 2. Dependent variable 3. Beased variable 4. Extraneous variable My answer: Independent variable

    asked by Regina on November 24, 2012
  10. Stats

    In each of the four examples listed below, one of the given variables is independent (x) and one of the given variables is dependent (y). Indicate in each case which variable is independent and which variable is dependent. I.

    asked by Jen on October 19, 2011

More Similar Questions