3. Which of the following statements about the president's judicial powers are true? Select all that apply.
A- The president's amnesty power pardons those who have violated the law.
B- The president's can pardon himself from impeachment
C- The president's commutation power reduces the length of a sentences.
D- The president's clemency power can only be used in cases of offenses again a state.
4. In regard to the federal bureaucracy, the President of the United States is at the top of the executive branch hierarchy because
A- he or she is an elected representative of the American people.
B- it is most efficient to have one person who can make final decisions and solve conflicts.
C- congress mandates that structure when it created the executive office of the president.
D- the constitution makes the president the chief administrator of the federal government.
5. Based on this excerpt from the student textbook, which of the following is a line agency?
A- the national security council, which advises the president on national security matters
B- the office of the vice president, which helps the vice president perform his or her duties.
C- the securities and exchange commission, which oversees the nation's stock markets
D- the office of the U.S trade representative, which recommends trade polices to the president.
And you think ... ?posted by Writeacher
5. A,Bposted by Becky
3 and 4 are right. I don't know about 5.
u better know about 5 or ill whoop u tonight
I wonder who MR. Sue is.
1) C) hierarchical authority
2) D) The Vice President and a majority of the members of the Cabinet would inform Congress in writing that the President was incapitated
3) A,C) The President's amnesty power pardons those who have violated the law, The President's commutation power reduces the length of a sentences.
4) D) the Constitution makes the President the chief administrator of the Federal Government
5) C) the Securities and Exchange Commission, which oversees the nation's stock markets
6) B) a treaty is not the only tool a President can use to make agreements with other countries
7) C) the constitution is flexible enough to allow congress and the president to meet crises in a number of ways
8) D) to limit the President's power to commit the US to military action without meeting certain conditions
9) A) Secretary of State
10) D) Department of Homeland Security
11) C) independent agencies
12) B) Food and Drug Administration
13) any- they're all right
14) A) Bush won more Electoral College votesposted by (:
to (: Thanks so much all were correct. JOHANNposted by Person
thx! 100% :)posted by anon
LIFE SAVERposted by Tom
posted by mona
There is another similar version of the test.
1. B. government corporations
2, 3, and 4 are the same as above.
5. C. Preside over the senate
6 & 7 are the same as above.
8. D. International Cooperation
and the rest are the same as aboveposted by Em
Yes! thank you
posted by kay
yesposted by mafia
HISTORY IS THE BEST SCHOOL SUBJECT
the people who post all the answers are life savers! they have a special place in heaven for you guys!!posted by boi
I really appreciate the helpposted by person
Thank you so muchposted by Trent
This is the happiest I've seen Ms. Sueposted by Parrot
why did the office of the vice president become more responsble as the tweith progressed one
posted by Anonymous
13 is A.) Department of Stateposted by dick
thank you!!!posted by mark
shoutout (: you are my godposted by Graham
Thanks Em my test had those questions that where different from the ones (: gave but Em and (: are right!!! TYSM!!! Dick is also right.posted by Can You please help ASAP?!!