1. Mexico's economy is based largely on (2 points)
agriculture and livestock.**
2. Many indigenous people in Guatemala live in the mountains because (2 points)
it is the only land available to them.
the soil is very good for farming.
they don't speak Spanish.
mountain villages are easy to defend against attack.**
3. The Panama Canal cuts through (2 points)
the Andes Mountains.
the Central Plateau.
the Isthmus of Panama.**
the Atacama Desert.
4. What effect did the breakup of the Soviet Union have on Cubans? (2 points)
Food, medicine, and tools became scarce in Cuba.**
Cuba was divided into smaller territories.
The Soviet Union granted Cuba its independence.
Families in Cuba were separated.
5. Which best describes the culture of Haiti's people? (2 points)
It is mainly a Mayan culture.
It is a blend of African, European, and Caribbean cultures.**
It is mainly a Spanish culture.
It is a culture that is almost identical to that of the United States.
6. Much of Puerto Rico is made up of (2 points)
hills and mountains.**
7. Most Brazilians are descendants of which combination of ancestors? (2 points)
Mayan, Mexican, and mestizo
Native American, African, and European Portuguese, Spanish, and Incan**
Spanish, ladino, and French
8. All of the following are regions in Peru except the (2 points)
9. How did the decline of copper prices in the 1980s affect Chile? (2 points)
It was good for Chile's economy, but it increased pollution.
It caused the government to diversify the economy.**
It caused people to move away from the cities.
It created many jobs and made almost everyone living in cities rich.
10. Where do most people in Venezuela live? (2 points)
on oil rigs
in the southern tip of the country
Ok i just checked them out, thank you. But can you still check my answers for 8,9, and 10. In the questions below those were unclear. It would also be great if you could check all of them so that I can get your opinion rather than just Mrs. Sue's. Thanks!
1. D, 2. A, 3.C, 4.A, 5.B, 6.C, 7.B, 8.C, 9.B, 10.B. I thought this was 7th grade work, yet all I see is a bunch of 3rd graders arguing over, what, who’s the best? Rather than acting like you’re still children, maybe help the people out, or just leave. We don’t need your nasty and unwanted opinions here. Sorry if I’m being extremely rude, but I guess I’d rather be that, than be an idiot.
please check my updated asnwers thanks !! 5. Mexico City was built by the A.Olmecs, when they began to grow maize. B.Maya, after they conquered the Valley of Mexico.(I PICK THIS) C.Spanish, on the ruins of the Aztec capital.
Mexico's economy is based largely on? a.) oil exports b.) mining c.) agriculture and live stock •• d.) industry ___________________________________ 2. Many indigenous people in Guatemala live in the mountains because? a.) it
1. Mexico's economy is based largely on? a.) oil exports b.) mining c.) agriculture and live stock d.) industry ___________________________________ 2. Many indigenous people in Guatemala live in the mountains because? a.) it is
How has the region attempted to change its future so that they will be less dependent on oil wealth in the coming decades? A. By improving education B. By increasing government control in the economy C. By ceasing to export oil to
this is the last time ill post for these 2 questions ill be moving on to the next social studies after this check 3.D 5.C 3.Which statement best describes the economics of Caribbean South America? A. Venezuela benefits from oil
I really need help with this question because the answer is not clear for me! What best shows the broadest trend in modernization of Texas' economy? A. At one time, most Texans worked in agriculture; now the economy is more
Question #5: What was Oran Roberts' plan to fix the government? A. Control big business B. Create more industry. C. Follow strict fiscal conservatism. D. Open ports for trade. Question #6: How did railroads influence the
2. Why would the loss of farms make it especially difficult for the Southern economy to recover? Many Southern industries would fail without the crops The southern economy was largely based on agriculture Most Southerners could
1) The South is an excellent place to grow such crops as cotton, rice, tobacco, and sugar cane. Which of the following is NOT part of the South's excellent farming conditions? a. The warm climate is suitable for agriculture. b.