Write compound after each compound sentence. Write complex after each complex sentence. Underline the word that joins the two clauses in each sentence.
1. All players are important to a team, but the pitcher may be the most important.-Compound sentence and underline the word but
2. If a pitcher strikes out batters, the opposing team cannot score.- I am confused on this one
3. Outfielders must catch the ball when the batter hits a pop fly.-Complex sentence and underline the word when
4. The game was tied, and no one left the bleachers.-Compound Sentence and underline the word and
5. The pitcher struck out two batters, but the third batter hit a home run. -Compound Sentence and underline but
Write compound after each compound sentence. Write complex after each complex sentence. Underline the word that joins the two clauses in each sentence. 1. All players are important to a team,but the pitcher may be the most
Although he was born in Scotland, he became a hero of the American Revolution. simple sentence compound sentence complex sentence (my answer) compound complex sentence His ship was badly managed, but Jones refused to give up.
Please check & see if I classified these sentences as simple, complex, or compound correctly! 1. His tie is going to choke him unless we can get it off. (Is this a complex sentence?) 2. She laughed so hard until the teacher told
39. Without her cat in her lap, she felt alone during the long train ride. simple sentence ***** compound sentence complex sentence compound-complex sentence 40. He steeled his nerve, and he walked into the police station to
Choose the term that describes the type of sentence shown. If you are in line early, you'll be sure to get the best tickets. A.) compound-complex B.) complex C.) compound D.) simple I think it is C? John was late to dinner and I
Would the sentence below be: SIMPLE, COMPLEX, COMPOUND, or COMPOUND COMPLEX? The students prepared for the exam, and the instructors administered it on Thursday. Would it be a compound sentence? You are right. These are two
My name, Cynthia, is from a Greek word for moon. Identify the term the correctly identifies each sentence... simple sentence compound sentence complex sentence compound-complex sentence I think it is B.
Choose the term that best describes the underline term. 1. The toy "that Fido loves to chew" is made by hand. a. noun clause b. direct clause c. adverb clause d. adjective clause** Choose the term that describes the sentence
How can you tell the difference between a compound sentence and a complex sentence? A. Clauses in a complex sentence are always independent. B. Complex sentences contain coordinating conjunctions that separate the clauses. C. A