LA ( anyone help or correct me plz
posted by tita .
1. Which question best relates to these details in "Winter"?
Frogs burrow the mud / snails bury themselves
A What happens to frogs in the winter?
B How do animals differ from people in the winter?
C Why do snails bury themselves?
D How do creatures prepare for winter?
2. What is the single idea that Naomi Shihab Nye is expressing in "The Rider"? (1 point)
A It is easier to escape loneliness by roller skating than by riding a bicycle.
B Loneliness is a feeling people want to escape.
C Winning a race can help you appreciate the beauty of nature.
D Riding a bicycle is a more satisfying activity than roller skating.
4. Which category best describes the following sentence?
Can kangaroos walk on all four legs?
5. Which of the following sentences is a command? (1 point)
A Do you enjoy gospel music?
B Please lock the door when you leave.
C What an amazing sunset!
D Cattle drives were long and difficult.
6. Which of the following sentences uses an appropriate endmark? (1 point)
A Did you wake up before your alarm today!
B I can’t wait to go to Los Angeles this summer?
C I am so overwhelmed by all this work!
D Will you call me before you leave for your appointment.
7. The word fragrant helps you understand which situation from the poems in this lesson? (1 point)
A the frog’s preparation for winter in “Winter”
B the blooming of spring flowers in “Haiku”
C the movement of the seal in “Seal”
D the feeling of the air rushing by in “The Rider”
8. In which sentence is the word translates used correctly? (1 point)
A Until Monica translates this message, we won’t be able to understand it.
B Do you want to go along when Ron translates across the Atlantic?
C The desk was piled so high with translates, Rebecca couldn’t find her pen.
D Every time Adam translates this song, I get chills because it’s so beautiful
I THINK THE ANSWERS ARE