posted by Cat
11. What was the impact of Minutemen during the revolutionary war?
A) they were able to resist British forces using the same tactics that British soldiers used
B) they set up signals to warn the regular american army whenever British soldiers were approaching
C) as trained soldiers who could prepare for battle quickly, they fought the British at Lexington and concord****
D) as wealthy farmers they provided much needed financial support to the American army
12. Why did the French support the Americans during the revolutionary war?
A) the French hoped to overthrow the Americans and reclaim their land
B) the French were angry with Britain and wanted to support its enemies****
C) the French beloved supporting the Americans would bring them wealth
D) the French feared that American troops would attack them unless they joined the war
13. What was the mistake British General Charles Cornwallis made that ultimately caused his defeat?
A) he miscalculated the strength of the continental army in Charlottesville, VA***
B) he failed to listen to Benedict Arnold who informed him of key information about the Americans
C) he retreated to Yorktown where he was trapped
D) he failed to cut off supply routes to the Carolinas
14. How did the French respond when the colonies defeated the British at Saratoga in the revolutionary war?
A) they supported the British in their efforts to control the colonies.
B) they formed an alliance with Germany to attack the British
C) they were encouraged to support the patriot effort *****
D) they withdrew their support of the British
15. Which statement correctly contrasts Mary Ludwig Hay's contributions during the revolutionary war to those of Betsy Ross
A) hays took charge of her husbands farm and Ross tended to wounded soldiers
B) hays made guns and cannons and Ross helped on the home front
C) hays operated a cannon in battle and Ross made the American flag *****
D) hays was killed in battle and Ross pushed for equal rights for women
16. What motivated most African American soldiers to fight in the revolutionary war with the patriots?
A) the hope that the war would also bring an end to slavery
B) the desire to become free after serving in the patriot army *****
C) the fear of what would happen if they did not fight in the war
D) the need to protect their families and the families of their masters