Language Arts Please Help
posted by Patrick .
Write compound after each compound sentence. Write complex after each complex sentence. Underline the word that joins the two clauses in each sentence.
1. All players are important to a team, but the pitcher may be the most important.-Compound sentence and underline the word but
2. If a pitcher strikes out batters, the opposing team cannot score.- I am confused on this one
3. Outfielders must catch the ball when the batter hits a pop fly.-Complex sentence and underline the word when
4. The game was tied, and no one left the bleachers.-Compound Sentence and underline the word and
5. The pitcher struck out two batters, but the third batter hit a home run. -Compound Sentence and underline but
Please help and double check
1, 3, 4, and 5 are correct.
Since there is no FANBOYS conjunction in 2, what do you think?
I feel that it is a complex sentence and the word if would be the dependent marker.
Yes, you're right.
Did you find the subordinating conjunctions chart down farther on that same linked webpage? Be sure to bookmark that page if you'll be dealing with conjunctions some more.
Yes I looked on the link which you sent. Thank you so much for helping me.