posted by need help .
indicate the Predicate Adjective & Participle of ea sentence:
1. Nearly 150 years later, a talented ballet dancer appeared in the same city.
ANS: Part= talented, PA =same
2. Anna Pavlova's family was poor.
ANS: PA = poor
3. Nevertheless, she joined into the famed Imperial School of Ballet in St. Petersburt
ANS: PA = famed
4. Anna's teachers were famous themselves.
ANS: PA = famous
5. In 1899 Anna Pavlova became a respected member of the Imperial Ballet.
ANS: PA & Part = respected
6. She seemed eager to improve in her art.
ANS: PA = eager
7. She was successful in the lead role in Giselle
ANS: PA = successful & lead
8. After several years Pavolova received the desired title of prima ballerina
ANS: PA = several & prima - Part = desired
9. Her dancing style was classical.
ANS: Part = dancing & PA = classical
10.. While others tried new approaches, she remained faithful to the traditional methods.
ANS: PA = new, faithful & traditional
Are you clear on what a predicate adjective is (and is not)?
2, 6, and 9 are correct. The others need LOTS of work.
Read carefully: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/objects.htm#predicate