posted by Losa .
Pls. tell me if im correct on these following sentences?
1) An author in his memoirs wil ___ about the influence of past relationships. = reminisce
2) It is helpful to have a(n) ______ power source after a hurricane. = auxiliary
3) Proverbs show Solomon's ______ insight into human character. =profound
4) With _____ eyes, the young bride watched her husband sail away to war.
5)The soldier was told to obtain more _____ for his company = munitions
6) Legally, a manager can be considered _____ if he does not protect his employees from a known hazard. = negligent
7) Some harmless- looking mushrooms are ____ because they contain poison. = lethal
8) Humanism exists wherever man quits his _________ on God and places all his confidence in human beings. = reliance
9) At Niagara, we gazed in awe at the ______ fall of water. = perpendicular
10) Rich gifts _________________ poor when givers prove unkind. = wax
All are right.
What about 4?
auxiliary: additional helping
munitions: war materials, such as weapons
negligent: habitually inattentive, careless, irresponsile
perpendicular: vertical, precipitous, steep
profound: intellectually deep
reliance: trust, confidence, dependence
wistful: mournfully longing, yearning
Im so sorry Ms. Sue, I was rushing. Four is wistful. Am I right?
Thank you Ms. Sue!