posted by David .
A mass m1 = 3.3 kg rests on a frictionless table and connected by a massless string over a massless pulley to another mass m2 = 4.4 kg which hangs freely from the string. When released, the hanging mass falls a distance d = 0.87 m.
1) How much work is done by gravity on the two block system?
2) How much work is done by the normal force on m1?
3) What is the final speed of the two blocks?
4) How much work is done by tension on m1?
5) What is the tension in the string as the block falls?