posted by .

I urgently need to know where I can get a sort of dictionary of terms on microbiology.
1) I need to translate technical terms from Italian into English used to describe the results of a microbiological analysis conducted on water.
2) In addition, I need to know the English equivalents of the kind of tools (equipment) you can find in a chemistry laboratory (e.g. test tubes, pipette,boat etc)as well as a list of chemical elements usually present in water (spectrophotometry: nitrate, iron, chorides, ammonia, sodium)

I need the help of a chemistry teacher to help me build up a vocabulary on chemistry used for the analysis of water.

  • Chemistry; science -

    Vocabulary assistance needed.

    Until a science teacher can help you, you should try looking up a few terms at both of these websites:


    Once you have looked up a term, be sure to keep scrolling down until you find a specialty dictionary -- one for the sciences -- to get more specific definitions for the terms you are dealing with.

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. English/Latin

    I need help writing an epigram in english that I must translate into Latin. 2-4 lines witty last line simple (since I must translate it) Nothing vulgar
  2. Biochemistry

    I need to copare and contrast gel electrophoresis and paper strip electrophoresis... I know what both of them are, but I need to explain in terms of the charges on the proteins.. and I need to describe the polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis …
  3. US History

    I need help answering this: Historians have used the terms "robber barons" and "captains of industry" to describe the powerful industrialists of the late 1800s. Compare the two points of view reflected by these terms and which do you …
  4. chemistry

    I wonder if your science experts can help me find material (general information, word lists, books) in English about biodiversity in water and waterways and microbiological analysis of water. This would be for Italian biologists who …
  5. English

    I urgently need to translate an evaluation grid ( to evaluate pupils' paragraphs) into English. 1) The total score is 15. The points will be ?
  6. English

    I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you very much for helping me. I don't know a few technical terms. 1) I can see two young men who are probably (working?
  7. Science/English

    I still need the help of a science teacher. I urgently need to know where to look for English vocabulary used to describe the equipment of both a chemistry and a computer laboratory.
  8. English

    I varied the sentences considering the students' point of view. Thank you very much for your advice They will be able to: 1)be familiar with the necessary linguistic structures to operate in a global study environment by taking a mainstream …
  9. English

    I revised the sentences again. Now I really need your final check At the end of their two-year project students will be able to 1) master the basic linguistic structures to operate in a work/scientific environment (I don't know how …
  10. English

    Thank you very, very much indeed! Here is the second part, concerning the scientific and linguistic objectives. The question is: " What are the concrete objectives of the partnership"?

More Similar Questions