posted by Henry2 .
Could you please check these sentences? Thank you.
1) Prospero lost his dukedom because of a plot set up by his wicked brother Antonio together with the king of Naples.
2) Prospero is not native to the island.
3) Thanks to his magic art Prospero subdued (made slaves of/enslaved are possible??) all the spirits living on the island becoming the master of the island.
4) He then took two creatures into his service: Ariel and Caliban.
5) Prospero raised his daughter on the island, together with Caliban, a sort of monster half-man half-beast.
Commas needed in 1 and 3.
In 3, "... on the island becoming the master of the island." <~~sounds as if the island is becoming the master...
This is known as a misplaced or dangling modifier.
Everything else is fine.