posted by Henry2 .
I still have a few doubts about some more sentences.
1) wide-apart eyes : is "distant" eyes possible?
2) pale-skinned: is fair-skinned possible?
3) happily: is "contently" possible?
I watch TV (is the TV also possible?)
a quite large mouth (or quite a large mouth)
4) I prefer shopping to basketball (or to playing basketball).
5)I usually do my homework at about 4 o'clock (OR without "at"??)
My mum is practical and confident or self-confident.
6) I've got a beauty mark under my nose.
1. No. The usual phrasing is "wide-set eyes."
3. You could write "contentedly" but there's no such word as "contently"! Yes, either "TV" or "the TV" is fine.
4. You need the word "playing" in there -- for parallel and logical reasons.
5. To use both "at" and "about" is contradictory. At 4:00 means a precise time. About 4:00 means something fairly close, but not precise.
Either confident or self-confident is fine.
6. Beauty marks (that's always been such a strange term to me!!) are usually at one side of a person's mouth. Under the nose implies a wart or something hideous looking!