posted by Henry2 .
Could you please check these sentences, too?
1) To begin with, I’ll have potato soup. I couldn’t help laughing.
2) I’m worried about Brian’s arriving so late. She admitted eating all the cakes.
3)I couldn’t do anything but put off (postpone) the appointment. I spend a lot of time doing my homework.
4) You’ll waste your time trying to persuade him to come. He risked being killed when crossing the road.
5) Did you manage to finish the exercise? He makes/earns a living as a waiter. I’m waiting for Mary to get ready.
6) The children denied breaking the window. I saw him get into his car. I’d rather stay at home than go to the cinema.
7) It took a long time for Jane to be ready.
All are fine.