posted by Henry2 .
Could you please check these sentences?
1) I haven’t been here for long. How long have you been married? Since 1998. (Could you say: How long is it since you got married?) .
2) It’s two months since I last saw Mary. Mrs Brown hasn’t seen her son for three months.
3) When did it last snow? In December.
4) We mustn't be intolerant of others.
5) How long is it since it last snowed? You can't answer "Since December?)
1. You can say what you put in parentheses, but the first phrasing is better ... smoother.
5. I'd make the answer to this question simply "Eight months" or some other expression of time. The question asks "How long...?" not "When?"