posted by mysterychicken .
2. This type of medicine increases alertness and is often used for people who suffer from ADHD.
4. ______ are available over-the counter.
a. Analgesics and antibiotics
b. Hormones and stimulants
c. Antacids and antihistamines
d. Vaccines and sedatives
17. If teens are caught violating zero tolerance laws, they can be arrested
29. Glue and paint thinner are classified as inhalants and can cause
a. mild hallucinations
b. increased appetite
c. feelings of well-being
d. dizziness and headaches
2 - yes
4 - no
17 - That depends on how "zero tolerance" is defined by the school or district or state.
29 - I see two possible correct answers for this one.
4. Bad question. there are some countries which sell antibiotics over the counter (Vietnam, China), and in the US bacitracin zinc, polymyxin B sulfate, and neomycin sulfate with suitable anesthetic are allowable OTC. So technially, your answer is correct, however I suspect your text/teacher didn't mean it technically. There is a better answer.
And still stuck on 17..
17. is probably true. As Writeacher stated, these laws vary from one state and municipality to another. The key words are CAN BE arrested.
Thank you Ms.Sue