posted by Miska .
Final Assessment Due 9-18-11
11:59 Arizona time
Answer each question below. Answers should be at least 100 words per question. Answers should be in your own words. Any direct quotes must be properly identified.
Each answer should include at least one citation for a credible, academic source that you have received your information from. (While you can use dictionaries if you wish, they will not count toward the academic source that you need to provide.) At the end of the assessment, you should add a reference page that lists each of the sources you used (Do not put the full references with the answers. Only the citations should appear there, with the full references in a reference list at the end of the assignment.) Use the Short Form Writing Style Guide to format the citations and references. If you have questions on whether a source is academically credible, you can review the information from week 2 or I’m always happy to answer questions.
College-level writing is expected for each response.
1. How is culture reflected in television and movies? What relationship does the media have with culture?
2. What are some of the controversial issues related to video games? What changes has the gaming industry made to address some of these issues?
3. What are the effects of video games on individuals and society? Summarize the results for at least one academic study on the effects of video games. The results need to be taken from an original study, not a newspaper article, website, encyclopedia, or other secondary source discussing the results. In other words, you will need to use the university library to find an original peer-reviewed journal article on the effects of video games.
4. What responsibilities do the news media have? What challenges do the news media face in meeting these responsibilities?
5. What changes have occurred to the news media in the last century? What effect does the modern news media have on culture?
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the changes to the news media?
7. How does the public relations industry impact the news media? What effects can this produce?
8. What is hegemony? Where is hegemony seen in the media?
9. What are the authoritarian, communist, libertarian, and social responsibility models of journalism? Describe each of these models.
10. What is copyright? What are some of the ethical and legal issues found online?
Copyright is a protection of an authors work.
Please note that we don't do students' assignments for them. Be sure to go back into your textbook or use a good search engine. http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/
Once YOU have attempted to complete YOUR assignment, please re-post and let us know what you think. Then someone here will be happy to comment on your thinking.