posted by Henry1
I forgot to include the following sentences. When I describe Wordsworth' conception of poetry, shall I use the present or the past?
1) Wordsworth believed poetry should deal with everyday situations or incidents and with ordinary people living in the countryside.
2) He regarded imagination as a special intuition which enabled the poet to see things the ordinary man was blind to.
3) He defined poetry as the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings. These are (were?) not immediate but originate from emotion(s) recollected in tranquillity, recreated by the subjectivity of memory.
4)In other words, memory enables the poet to contemplate and reorganize past feelings.
5) He has a pantheistic view of nature, according to which nature was (is) endowed with a spirit and a life of her (its) own, present not only in plants and animals, but in inanimate objects as well.
I think you mean Wordsworth's concept of poetry, right?
3. You have begun in past tense, so make all the verbs past tense.
5. Use past tenses.