posted by Danny .
Match the following organs with one of its functions.
1. Oral cavity ______ a. stores bile
2. Pharynx ______ b. begins mechanical breakdown of food
3. Esophagus ______ c. responsible for 90% of all nutrient absorption
4. Stomach ______ d. compacts food waste in to feces
5. Pancreas ______ e. muscular tube that helps deliver food to the
stomach with peristaltic waves
6. Liver______ f. produces of intrinsic factor
7. Gall bladder ______ g. common passageway for food and air
8. Small intestine ______ h. secretes enzymes to help food break down in
the small intestine
9. Large intestine ______ i. filters blood