Chemistry-help needed

posted by .

Can we use an ACS/AR grade chemical for UV spectrophotometric analysis?
Or is it a must to use a chemical that is specially designated (SpectrAR grade) for UV analysis?

  • Chemistry-help needed -

    It depends somewhat upon the chemical and the analysis. When in doubt go the safe route.

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. Chemical Compounds

    How can a flow chart help you to name chemical compounds?
  2. chemistry

    how can spectra be used in chemical analysis?
  3. Chemistry-help

    How does a "chemical for synthesis" compare with the same chemical(ACS grade)when used in analytical testing?
  4. Chemistry - help thanks

    A supplier provides "Chemical A, 98%, for synthesis". Another supplier provides "Chemical A,98%, Lab grade" Are they equivalent?
  5. Chemistry-help needed

    Can we use an AR grade chemical for UV spectrometric analysis?
  6. Chemistry-pls help

    Can we use an AR grade chemical for UV spectrophotometric analysis?
  7. Quantitative Chemical Analysis

    assume an unknown sample to be 15% copper, weigh enough dried ore sample to use approximatele 35-45mL of .09M S2O3-. How many grams do I need to measure out to use 40.00mL of the thiosulfate solution?
  8. chemistry

    Use chemical formulas to generate the stoichiometric factor needed to express the results of a gravimetric analysis in terms of the substance on the left if the weighting form is the substance on the right: Sought Weighted I Mg Mg2P2O7 …
  9. inorganic

    Qualitative analysis studies require the use of a large number of chemical reagents, each of which must be treated with care. To illustrate this statement, list the reagents used to determine and confirm the presence of Ag+ ion in …

    Explain the following statement: "The validity of a chemical analysis ultimately depends on measuring the response of the analytical procedure to known standards." (b) Calibration curves are necessary in many chemical measurements …

More Similar Questions