posted by Ninzy .
1) The speed of light in a certain liquid is 3/5 the speed in a vacuum. What is the index of refraction of the liquid?
2) A ray of light strikes a piece of glass (n=1.52) and makes an angle of 50 degrees with the surface. What angle does the refracted ray make with the surface?
3) What is the index of refraction for a type of plastic for which the critical angle is 40 degrees when surrounded by air?
4) A ray of light traveling in the air strikes the surface of a sugar water solution at an angle of 40 degrees with the normal to the surface. If the refracted light makes an angle of 27 degrees with the normal, what is the speed of light in the solution?
5) A ray of light enters a prism perpendicularly(right triangle, [L] 60 degrees). Sketch the path of the ray as it travels through the prism (n=1.45) and out the other side, and determine the angle made between the emerging ray and the prism.
6) A ray of light strikes the surface of water and reflects and refracts. If the angle of incidence is 28 degrees, draw a picture of this situation and then determine the angle between the reflected and refracted rays.
PLEASE SHOW ME HOW TO DO AT LEAST ONE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! THANK YOU!
change angles to respect to the normal, vice surface.
solve for theta,the refracted angle with the normal. then find the complement angle, which is to the surface.