posted by Margaret Yeager .
3. Use your data from Part 3 and Newton’s laws to explain why the force meter measures a force if the cart is moving at a constant velocity. The forces acting on the cart are the applied force (FA), the force of friction (Ff), weight (Fg) and the normal force (FN). You should cover the following points.
• State Newton’s first law.
• Identify the forces acting on the cart.
• When constant velocity is reached, which pairs of forces are balanced with each other?
• At this point of constant velocity, what is the net force on the cart?
• As you increase mass, what happens to each of the four forces at constant velocity? Why? Are they still balanced?