posted by niecy .
Create a timeline tracking the major themes/paradigm shifts in American History from the Columbus's voyages through the Mexican-American War (1846-1848).
ii) Include the following in your descriptive analysis:
(1) The cultural patterns of the Native American groups prior to European colonization.
(2) The effects of British colonization on the Native Americans.
(3) The evolution of the socio-political milieu during the colonial period, including Protestant Christianity's impact on colonial social life.
(4) The effects of the Seven Years' War.
(5) The evolution of the concept of "God given freedom of the individual" stemming from the Protestant Reformation and developing through the American Enlightenment and the Great Awakening, and culminating with the Declaration of Independence.
(6) The evolution of the socio-political and cultural milieu that created the conditions necessitating and including the formation of the:
(a) Declaration of Independence
(b) the Constitution (including the Bill of Rights)
(7) The character of George Washington and his precedent-setting impact for future presidents.
(8) The evolution of Jeffersonian Democracy and its legacy, including:
(a) Louisiana Purchase
(b) The Second Great Awakening
(c) The Embargo Act
(d) Issues with the courts
(9) The War of 1812
(10) The Monroe Doctrine
(11) The evolution of Jacksonian democracy and its legacy including:
(a) The Nullification crisis
(b) The bank crisis
(c) The Trail of Tears
(d) The socio-political effects of Manifest Destiny
(e) The causes and effects of the Mexican-American War (1846-1848).
iii) Remember to include the major players and events in these themes (due in module 2).
iv) APA format is not required, but solid writing skill in APA style and a title page are expected.
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
I don't know what I'm doing and this seems like a lot for a timeline can you give me any help?
You need to create a timeline of the major themes in U.S. history. You'll need to include all of the events listed.
Then, you need to write a narrative explaining these events and themes.
can you show an example please.
1492 - 1504 -- Columbus makes 4 voyages exploring the coasts of the Americas
The Americas had been inhabited only by natives until Columbus introduced these continents to Europeans.
Thank you Ms. Sue just looking and reading the instructions I was lost. Seeing the example helped kind of shows me the direction i should go. One more question for today do you have any websites or keywords I can search.
I suggest you use your text materials as your main source of information. If you need more information, you can try searching the internet for U.S. history -- and specific events.
a time line tracking the major themes/paradigm shifts in American History from the Columbus's voyages through the Mexican-American War (1846-1848).
is there any one out there to help me
i need help with history.