posted by Rachel .
Help with any of these would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!
1. How would i solve 3x^2 - 4 = 0?
And in simplest radical form?
2. How would i determine the values of 'k' if the graph y=2x^2-2x+3k intersects the x-axis at two distinct points?
3. The path of a basketball can be modeled by the equation h(d)=-0.13d^2+d+2. where h(d) is the height in meters or the basketball and d is the horizontal distance in meters from the player. How far does the ball travel horizontally before hitting the floor?
4. How would i solve x^3-3x^2+2=0?
How would i show it in exact values?
5.One of the zeros if P(x)=6^3-13^2+x+k is 2.
What would be the value of k?
And how would i write P(x) in factored form?
6. How would i solve |x| (greater than or equal to) |x - 3| using my graphing calc. What are the steps?
7. What would be the diameter of the largest circle possible that could be drawn between the parallel lines of y = 2x and y = 2x - 5?
Math help -
3. The ball hits the floor when h = 0. Solve the equation
0 = -0.13 d^2 + d +2
Use the quadratic equation and take the postive one of the two roots.
d = [-1 - sqrt(1+1.04)]/(-0.26)
= 2.428/.26 = 9.34 m