posted by Suzi Q .
Where do the commas go in these sentences? Please check.
1. Most criminals are armed, and it is unlikely that a ban on guns would ever be passed in the United States,and, therefore, it is mandatory that police officers be armed.
2. Police officers must be knowledgable about the weapon and its proper use, and, importantly, policy guidelines must reflect and insist upon proper use.
3. Guns are not equipped with this technology, and, accordingly, accountability and responsibility are harder to establish.
I think I'm right but please check.
1. ...States; therefore, it is...
Better to have a semicolon before "therefore" and a comma after it; the other comma in the sentence is correct.
2. Looks cumbersome but correct.
3. Correct, too.