posted by Sarah .
1. Juanita has 180 feet of fencing that she intends to use to build a rectangular play area for her dog. She wants the play area to enclose at least 1800 square feet. What are the possible widths of the play area?
2. A bicycle maker sold 300 bicycles last year at a profit of $300 each. The maker wants to increase the profit margin this year, but predicts that each $20 increase in profit will reduce the number of bicycles sold by 10. How many $20 increases in profit can the maker add in and expect to make a total profit of at least $100,000?
3. The current in a circuit is amps (I), and the impedance is ohms (Z). What is the voltage? (Hint: use the formula
4. Write two complex numbers whose product is 10.
4. what about 3+i, 3-i ? or -sqrt10 i, +sqrt10 i
or 1 + 3i,1-3i
on 1. You know the perimeter (180=2L+2w) and the area 1800<L*W
Solve by substution.