I still have a few more sentences to check.I hope you can look at them, too.
1) During the industrial revolution England is interested by a rise in population which caused a growing need for clothes. This led to an increase in production made possible (??) by new inventions and the introduction of steam power.
2)Children are the only ones who are not corrupted by civilization. Children are the only ones not to be corrupted (unspoiled by society?).
The poet became a sort of moral teacher who had to (should) teach people how to know themselves better and convey truth to mankind.
3)In “Heart of Darkness” Conrad describes what he sees when he was a sailor for (not in?) a Belgian company. He experienced directly (personally?) what European colonialism was really like when working as a sailor.
4)The Romantics lived detached from civilization (detached from society, they isolated themselves from society, are they all possible?) which (not who) had brought any (every) kind of evil to mankind.
5)They looked at the child as the ideal person since he (?) was not spoiled by the rules of civilization. His personality was unrestrained and free to express itself.
6) That’s why they exalted men who lived in the countryside because (?) they had not to deal with the darkness of society.
7) When white people are detached from society (?), they lack (lose contact with) civilization and follow their worst (innermost) instincts.
8) There is also a dark view of nature represented by the jungle, which is savage and hostile to human people, hiding their dangers (?)
I still have a few sentences to check. I really hope you can help me check them. I added a few more sentences. 1)I think the best thing to do is working at a passion because in this way you'll work better than anyone else. 2)You
I can't send you my post. I hope this time I can. 1) Rewrite the following sentences using wish (I think I need to express this better). 2) She is not here with me. (I wish she were here with me) I couldn't talk to her. (I wish I
Could you check these sentences, please? Thank you for helping me! 1) Here is the translation I did on the presentation of the school as received (in Italian) from..... I'm attaching it to this email together with the things he
Can someone please help me check the grammar in the following sentences? 1) I would like to inform people about the danger (after effects?) of having a nuclear power station near our town 2) I hope you will listen to our advice.
I need your help to check these sentences on air travel. I really hope you can help me. 1) Enter the airport and look at the departures board to check your flight number and the departure time of your flight. 2)Go to the check-in
1. I hope he is running on the playground now. 2. I hope he is studying now. 3. I hope he is playing table tennis now. 4. Is he studying? I hope so. 5. Is he studying (now)? I hope he is studying (now) 6. Is he coming (soon)? I
I urgently need you to check these sentences. Whad do you think I should do? 1) I graduated with honours in modern languages and I know how important memory is in learning a foreign language. 2) The headmaster of the school I'm
Ms Sue, can you please check these two sentences, I need to include in an email? Thank you. 1) Sorry, for disturbing you. We have received email (emails) from four of your students, namely ..... 2) Could you please let me have
Could you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1) We're looking for a high school in which subjects such as biology or geography are taught in English so that in the future our students could carry out a project on a common
Thank you for your last correction. Can you explain to me why I can't use the past simple in sentence (1) as the action is finished? I really hope you can check all the other sentences too 1) He makes clear that he had to overcome