H2C=CH2(g) + H2(g) C2H6(g)
Adding a small amount of platinum powder greatly increases the rate of the reaction above. How might the platinum be affecting the rate of the reaction? (Select all that apply.)
1) It increases the concentration of the reactants.
2) It increases the temperature of the reaction.
3) It lowers the energy of activation for the reaction.
4) It orients the reactants in the proper direction.
5) It increases the energy of activation for the reaction.
6) It acts as a catalyst in the reaction.
3 and 6 (but 3 is how 6 works).posted by DrBob222