Attention Smart People

Where can i find as much info as possible about Forensics?

Thanx in advance


Whenever you are searching for something online, you have to be prepared for the possibility that none of it may be online. Or some may be, and some may not. In addition to searching on the Internet, you also need to make best friends with the reference librarian(s) in your local or college library. (The other day, I read something that said that only about 6% of what's on the Internet is useful for academic research. That's pretty sad, and I'm sure I don't care to know what all of the other 94% consists of!)

http://www.sou.edu/library/searchtools/
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.

My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page < http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en > and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET section will help you best.

Happy searching!

=)

Julia, are you talking about forensics, as in speech and debate, or forensic science? Which one will make a lot of difference in how much I can help you. <G>

  1. 👍
  2. 👎
  3. 👁
  1. -[(-2-6)(-2)-2]=-2[(x-2)2-(2x-3)3]

    1. 👍
    2. 👎

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. DYnamics

    Thank you Advance...;; Q: A body of mass 10 kg is moving over a smooth surface, whose equation of motion is given by the relation. s = 5t + 2t² where (s) is in metres and (t) in seconds. Find the magnitude of force responsible

  2. Math

    The grocery store has bulk pecans on sale, which is great since you're planning on making 8 pecan pies for a wedding. How many pounds of pecans should you buy? First, determine what information you need to answer this question,

  3. Physics

    Physics question on identify the reaction? I am having trouble with the question a, b, and c in this physics problem: One or more external forces are exerted on each object enclosed in a dashed box shown in the figure below.

  4. taxes

    I have a question that may seem a bit odd. I have tried to get this info off the web and came up empty. My nephew was fired from his job (that he had for 6 years) in Jan of 2009. He has been collecting unemployment since then. He

  1. math 4 grade

    question which is greater - are they equal - or not enough info 18K 17K the answer says its not enough info but 18 is always bigger than 17

  2. Physics Check

    1.)The making of the nuclear reactor was an advance in a)Science *b)Technology c)none of the above 2.)The development of the airplane was an advance in a)Science b)Technology *c)none of the above 3.)The discovery of gravity was an

  3. Science

    In what fields would a lab technician need to separate & identify organic items? I looked it up and it said organic chemistry, forensics.. . I'm not which one because couldn't it range?

  4. Biology

    I need to know this info about the Jack tailed Jackrabbit Originated: Invaded: Displacing: Steps to control them: if you could tell me the info or give me a site that would be great!

  1. AED / ASAP PLEASE

    i need help finding info. on Taoist... if they are pro or con on the following things... prayer in school, creationismv. evolution, studying woman's rights in the middle east, saying the pledge of allegiance, starting a gay or

  2. Health Information

    Can anyone help me get more info on this question? I need one or two paragraphs to answer. Q: Paula Patient's attorney asks Dr. Bob for medical records about Paula's car accident and promises to provide a written authorization

  3. Christmas Island

    I need to know more about christmas island. I have research and i not getting any info on education and interesting fact in case want to live there permanent. I know about the crabs but cant find info if they bite. please help me

  4. Health info

    Please check my answer thanks. Dr Johnson is treating a psychotic drug user. The patient suddenly leaves the facility, leaving a note that he plans to kill his ex-wife. The pt left behind his antipsychotic meds that he must take

You can view more similar questions or ask a new question.