A cylinder containing 15L of helium gas at a pressure of 165 atm is to be used to fill party balloons. Each balloon must be filled to a volume of 2L at a pressure of 1.1 atm. What is the max number of balloons that can be inflated? Assume that the gas in the cylinder is at the same as the inflated balloon. (The empty cylinder will still contain helium at 1.1atm)
I assume that the next to last sentence should read, "Assume that the gas in the cylinder AT THE END is at the same PRESSURE as the inflated balloons.
1. Calculate mols gas in the cylinder initally using PV = nRT. No T is listed so use any T (in kelvin) but always use the same T.
2. Calculate mols gas in the cylinder using PV = nRT. P will be 1.1 atm and T will be the same T used in step 1.
3. Subtract total mols - mols at the end to find mols gas available to fill balloons.
4. Calculate moles required to fill a single balloon from PV = nRT.
5. Now calculate the number of balloons that can be filled. Remember that if you get a fraction to round to the lower number.
A cylinder containing 15.0 L of helium gas at a pressure of 165 atm is to be used to fill party balloons. Each balloon must be filled to a volume of 2.0 L at a pressure of 1.1 atm. What is the maximum number of balloons that can
Hello! A 22.0 L cylinder containing helium gas at a pressure of 28.1 atm is used to fill a weather balloon in order to lift equipment into the stratosphere. What is the final pressure (in atm) in the cylinder after a 101 L balloon
Relationship between the pressure and volume of helium gas at a constant temperature of 298K. Volume was changed by moving a piston & following data was obtained: Vol (L) Pressure (atm) 5 10.229 10 4.749 15 3.198 20 2.381 30 1.665
1. A cylinder of Xenon has a volume of 750. ml. At 25.0°C the cylinder has a pressure of 655 torr. How much Argon is present in the cylinder? a. 240. moles b. 0.0264 moles c. .315 moles d. 26.5 moles 2.If a 25 liter cylinder of
Please tell me if these are right? A mixture of oxygen and helium is prepared for a scuba diver that will descend to 125 feet below the ocean surface. At that depth the diver breathes a gas mixture that has a total pressure of
Two cylinders at 27C are connected by a closed stopcock ystem. One cyclinder contains 2.4 L of hydrogen gas at o.600 atm; the other cylinder contains 6.8L of helium at 1.40 atm. Assume valve take up no room. what is the total
A party-supply store sells a helium-gas cylinder with a volume of 1.55 × 10^-2 m^3. If the cylinder provides 1.81 m^3 of helium for balloon inflation (at STP), what must be the pressure inside the cylinder? Now I don't understand