Change both measurements to the same unit of measure and find the scale factor.
1) 1ft model of a 1in. fossil
2) 20cm model of a 28m rocket
3) 2ft model of a 30yd sports field
4) 3ft model of a 5yd whale
Well go ahead and try.
what is 12 inches to 1 inch?
In general if you are a physicist and want to change units you write it out so the ones you want to go away cancel
1 foot * 12 inches / foot = 12 inches
2200 fishes * 1 school / 100 fishes = 22 schools
change both measurements to the same unit of measure,and find the scale factor. 1. 4in. model of a 6ft.cabinet 2. 4cm. model of a 2m. door. 3. 12ft. model of a 100yd. playground 4. 20m. model of a 3km. street.
Find the rate of change between the two points (4, 36) and (8,108) and give the unit of measure. x is measured in square yards. y is measured in dollars. I know how to find the rate of change but I have no idea what they mean by
For part a-c ,what does the scale factor between two similar figures tell you about the given measurements? A.side lengths B.perimeters C.areas Hello i would say that the answer is a)side lenths because if you measure then you
if two polygons are similar,how can you find the scale factor from one polygon to the other?show specific examples.describe how you find the scale factor from the smaller figure to the enlarged figure.then,describe how you find
1. Write the ratio in the simplest form. 50: 10 (1 point) 25: 5 10: 2 5: 1* 1: 5 2. Solve the following proportion x over 2 = 8 over 9 (1 point) 144 0.44 1.78* 36 3. Sarah’s mother has a miniature village modeled after her home
Completion 1)1 2)conversion factor 3)change 4)Dimensional anaylsis 5) Whenever two measurement are equal, or equivalent, a ratio of these two measurements will equal ___1____. A ratio of equivalent measurement is called a ___2___.
classify each of these statements as always true, sometimes true, or never true. __ST___11)The unit of a conversion factor must cancel. __AT___12)the conversion factor for changing grams and milligrams is 1g/1000mg
#37 whenever scientist carefully measure any quantity many times they expect that: a. all the measurements will be exactly the same b. only two of the measurements will be exactly the same c. all but one of the measurements will
1. Write the ratio in the simplest form. 50:10 (a) 25:5 (b) 10:2 (C) 5:1* (D) 1:5 2. Solve the following proportion. p/6=7/8 (a) p=5.25 (b) p=8 (c) p=10.5* (d) p=42 3. Chris's uncle has a model car. The model is 6 inches long and