AP Environmental Science-Ecosystems

1. What are the physical products of cellular respiration?
a. Oxygen and carbon dioxide
b. Nitrogen and carbon
c. Glucose and oxygen
d. Glucose and water
e. Water and carbon dioxide

2. If the biomass of flowers that support the butterflies was known to contain 100,000 units of energy, and certain bird species were eating the butterflies that foraged on the flowers, what amount of energy, on average, could be expected to be transferred to the birds?
a. 10
b. 100
c. 1,000
d. 10,000
e. 50,000

My answers:
1. c. glucose and oxygen
2. d. 10,000 (my teacher has said this was incorrect, but wouldn't 90% of the energy be lost, leaving it left to 10% remaining?

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 239
asked by Emily

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. 8th Grade Science

    There is a connection between photosynthesis and cellular respiration. The products from one provide the raw materials for the other. What products of photosynthesis are starting materials for cellular respiration? A. glucose and

    asked by Lauren on March 6, 2014
  2. science

    1.Which level of organization does the complete skeleton of a mouse belong to? A.cell B. a tissue C.an organ D.an organ system 2. The structures that an animal uses to exchange gases with its surroundings make up the... A.

    asked by finessky on November 20, 2018
  3. biology:cells

    which of the following is not true? a. ATP is formed during glycolyisis b. ATP contains less potential energy than ADP*** c. Plant cells generate ATP during cellular respiration d. ATP is used as a mobile energy carrier molecule

    asked by Please check answers on November 28, 2016
  4. 8th-g Science: Need help to check answer!!!

    Since I will have a science test next week based on these questions but my teacher won't check all answer with the class. I don't want to make a mistake and study to an incorrect answers. Do you mind to check the answers for me so

    asked by Cassidy on March 6, 2014
  5. science (URGENT!! CORRECT PLEASE))

    (1) The inputs for cellular respiration are: A) Nutrients and carbon dioxide B) Energy and carbon dioxide C) Nutrients and oxygen D) Energy and oxygen ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Answer: B ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (2) The

    asked by Yuno Gasai on April 26, 2016
  6. Science

    Carbon dioxide, ethanol, and energy are the products when anaerobic respiration occurs in oxygen*** in the presence of nitrogen in yeast cells in an animal cell

    asked by Nikki on May 1, 2017
  7. Biology

    If plants need oxygen for cellular respiration, then why do plants release oxygen into the atmosphere? More oxygen is produced during photosynthesis than the plant needs for cellular respiration, so the plant needs to release the

    asked by SkatingDJ on April 8, 2016
  8. bio

    Assignment: Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Energy acquisition is essential for all life. Whether the organism is classified as plant or animal, single-celled or multi-cellular, the exchange of energy and the formation of

    asked by sabrina on April 12, 2009
  9. Biology

    I have tried to look this up but can't find it... The basal metabolism rate can be measured by calculating the amounts of _______________ and ______________. (1 point) nitrogen and carbon dioxide nitrogen and oxygen oxygen and

    asked by Sandra on September 8, 2014
  10. biology

    Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis co-exist as paired metabolic processes. Photosynthesis uses light energy to convert carbon dioxide into glucose, a simple sugar, in two steps, the light dependent and light independent

    asked by Anonymous on November 21, 2008

More Similar Questions