1. Part I of "Alone" can best be identified as an example of a (1 point)
2. Which of the following lines from "Alone" best supports the author's epiphany regarding the human
condition? (1 point)
"...I pulled at the wheel
in a transparent terror that floated like egg white."
"You could almost pause
and breathe out for a while
before being crushed."
"there are people who are born, live and die
in a perpetual crowd."
"I must be alone
ten minutes in the morning
and ten minutes in the evening."
3. Which of the following sentences best expresses the connection between Part I and Part II of the
poem "Alone"? (1 point)
The speaker understands what it feels like to experience a deep and overwhelming sense
The speaker contemplates how his views have changed as a result of having come so
close to dying.
The speaker expresses relief and gratitude at having been rescued from a horrific car
The speaker realizes the importance of solitude and his desire to find a peaceful place
away from others.
4. All of the following lines from "Alone" contain examples of alliteration except (1 point)
“like a boy in a playground surrounded by enemies.”
“and scuttled smartly right over the road.”
“Then stillness. I sat back in my seatbelt.”
“Face coated with clay.”
5. "The Nobel Prize" can be identified as an example of a (1 point)
6. Which of the following lines from "The Nobel Prize" best supports the theme of resignation?
"I've fallen like a beast in a snare:"
"My way is cut off on all sides:"
"Let what may, come; all's one to me."
"I trust the time shall come to be"
Read the following lines from "The Nobel Prize."
Is there some ill I have committed?
Am I a murderer, a miscreant?
For I have made the whole world weep
Over the beauty of my land.
7. All of the following words could be used to describe the speaker's tone except (1 point)
8. Which of the following lines from the poem "The First Frost" best supports the fragile image of the
girl? (1 point)
"A girl is freezing in a telephone booth"
"her face stained by tears"
"She breathes on her thin little fingers"
"She has to beat her way back alone"
Read the following line from "First Frost."
"The first frost of telephone phrases."
9. The images in this line suggest that the girl has most likely (1 point)
been overcome by a loving payphone exchange.
heard cold words of rejection from her boyfriend.
shared an embrace with her boyfriend to fight the cold.
been frozen out after attempting to use the wrong number.
For question 10, classify the sentence.
10. The house is disorganized, but it’s not dirty. (1 point)
Can someone please help?!
How would you like us to help you?
help me get the answers bc i have a deadline
I'll be glad to explain the answers you don't understand. Which questions confuse you?
I assume you've already done all of the assigned readings for this test.
I need explanation for all of them
1 through 4 --
Who is the author of "Alone?"
Do you know the definitions of ballad,
sonnet, lyric poem, narrative poem, and alliteration?
5 through 7 --
Who is the author of "The Nobel Prize"?
Do you know what resignation means?
8 and 9 --
Who is the author of the "First Frost"?
What was the answers?
posted by Ben
What where the answersposted by D
3.D a post
5.D lining up
14,B cold words on the phone
posted by monte
The answers are as follows:
10) Bposted by Parrot
^^^ Parrot's answers are correctposted by Someone
Someone is right! He or she is correct on the answers. I got a 10/10 100%!!!
posted by Someone2
NEW CONNEXUS CHEATING DISCORD COMMUNITYposted by CONNEXUS CHEATING DISCORD