Rain forests are important because they contribute to the world's supply of
2. The capital of Brazil was moved from the coast to the interior because the government wished to
develop the interior by attracting people to it.
provide services to people living in the rain forest.
move the capital to where more people already lived.
move from the flooding and heavy rains that plagued the coast.
3. The three main geographic regions of Peru are the
sierra, the rain forest, and the plateau.
pampas, the rain forest, and the montaña.
selva, the sierra, and the pampas.
sierra, the coastal plain, and the selva.
4. Most Quechua people living in the altiplano make a living by
trading goods with city people.
farming and herding.
drilling for oil.
5. Chile inspects all luggage brought into the country because
the country tries to protect its agricultural products.
maracas are illegal in Chile.
most people try to avoid paying customs duties.
it does not allow imports of gifts.
6. Because Chile is located in the Southern Hemisphere, its seasons
are much longer than those in the United States.
are much shorter than those in the United States.
occur at the same time as those in the United States.
occur at the opposite time as those in the United States.
7. Chile is the world's largest exporter of
8. In the early 1980s, Venezuela was the richest country in Latin America because of
a booming tourist industry.
abundant rain forest resources.
vast supplies of oil.
thriving agricultural production.
9. When oil prices fell in the mid-1980s, Venezuela's economy
suffered a decline.
enjoyed an increase.
stayed about the same.
began to show signs of recovery.
10. Most of Venezuela's population lives
in the countryside.
on islands of floating reeds.
in the rain forest.
1. Rain forests are important because they contribute to the world's supply of (1 point) soil. oxygen. food. harbors. 2. The capital of Brazil was moved from the coast to the interior because the government wished to (1 point)
The tropical rain forest is the most diverse ecosystem in the world. The extinction rates of organisms are on the rise because A. rain forests receive too much rain B. human are destroying the rain forests C. rain forests are not
Regarding tropical rainforests, the term evapotranspiration refers to the fact that A. deforestation causes a decline in atmospheric oxygen. B. the humidity of rain forests can produce local and regional precipitation C.
1). What are examples of an environment changed by humans? A: 2). How has industrialization hurt the forests of Europe? A: Industrialization has damaged the forests of Europe as Europe's factories produce high amounts of sulfur
1). What are some of the important resources of the rain forest? A: Some of the significant resources of the rain forest include timber and various types of plants which can be used to concoct medicine. 2). What are some of the
Hi. I am reading up on the Kyoto Protocol for a project and I am a little confused on the meaning of this paragraph. If someone could help explain it to me, that would be great!: Dispossession and prostitution loom for Costa
North America has one of the largest prairies in the world. It stretches from the Midwest area of the United States into Canada. Which of the following best explains why prairies are an important part of the agriculture industry?
anaerobic respiration is triggered when the ratio of ________falls below a critical level. a.carbon dioxide supply to oxygen need b.oxygen supply to glucose need c.glucose supply to glucose need d.oxygen supply to oxygen need the