posted by Lilly .
1. Does the graph represent linear relationship? Why or why not?
2. Are the slopes of the lines the same or different? How can you tell?
3. Is the statement true: Line P has a greater slope than line Q
4. How many solutions does this system have?
5. Explain your answer to question 4
I know the pictures aren't there but i really need help :)
What type of graph are you dealing with? This really can't be solved without the graph. However, this may help:
1. A graph represents a linear relationship when the function varies linearly with the variable, that is, when the graph is a straight line.
2&3. The slope of a line is the tangent of the angle it makes with the x-axis. Do the lines make different angles with the x-axis or not? Which one makes a larger angle if the two are different?
4&5. A solution can be considered as a point where the graph meets the x-axis (y = 0).