posted by Lilly
1. Does the graph represent linear relationship? Why or why not?
2. Are the slopes of the lines the same or different? How can you tell?
3. Is the statement true: Line P has a greater slope than line Q
4. How many solutions does this system have?
5. Explain your answer to question 4
I know the pictures aren't there but i really need help :)
What type of graph are you dealing with? This really can't be solved without the graph. However, this may help:
1. A graph represents a linear relationship when the function varies linearly with the variable, that is, when the graph is a straight line.
2&3. The slope of a line is the tangent of the angle it makes with the x-axis. Do the lines make different angles with the x-axis or not? Which one makes a larger angle if the two are different?
4&5. A solution can be considered as a point where the graph meets the x-axis (y = 0).