posted by No pandas are .
1. The Hertzsprung-Russell diagram below shows how the brightness, surface temperature, and color of stars are related.stars would be *
A Barnardâ€™s Star is less bright than the sun, has a surface temperature below 3,800 K, and is red. *
B Barnardâ€™s Star is less bright than the sun, has a surface temperature above 3,800K, and is red.
C Barnardâ€™s Star is brighter than the sun, has a surface temperature below 5,300 K, and is yellow.
D Barnardâ€™s Star is brighter than the sun, has a surface temperature above 5,300 K, and is yellow.
2. The Milky Way galaxy is described as a disk of stars orbiting a central point on the disk. Which of these best explains why people on Earth cannot see the entire shape of the Milky Way? *
A Earth is a part of this galaxy. *
B Many more stars exist outside the galaxy.
C The stars in the center of the galaxy are extremely small.
D The center of the galaxy consists of a dense cluster of stars.
3. A student learns that the sun is classified as a medium-size star and that many stars are much bigger and brighter. However, the student observes that other stars look very dim, even through a telescope.Why do other stars look much dimmer than the sun? *
A The sun appears yellow, which is more visible than other colors.
B The sun is much closer to Earth than other stars are. *
C Other stars are made up of different gases than the sun is.
D As light from other stars travels through space, it gets reflected.
4. The sun is a mid-sized, main sequence star. What stage is next in the life cycle of the sun? *
A red giant *
B black hole
C white dwarf
D neutron star
5. In November 2013 an object orbiting the sun seemed to disappear behind the sun. When a satellite did not detect the object, astronomers thought that the object had been destroyed when it passed close to the sun. However, when another satellite detected a small, bright object with a fan-shaped tail, astronomers proposed that the object was not destroyed.What type of object were astronomers most likely observing? *
A A comet *
B An asteroid
C A meteor
D A nebula
6. The universe has many different components. Which list places four components of the universe in the most likely order from smallest to largest? *
A Planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae
B Nebulae, stars, planets, galaxies
C Galaxies, stars, planets, nebulae
D Planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies *
7. The model shows the star Wolf 359, the sun, and Star X. It takes 7.8 years for light produced on Wolf 359 to reach the sun. *
8 light years
39 light years
390 light years *
359 light years
8. Which of these correctly compares the masses of different objects in the universe? *
A A moon has less mass than a star and more mass than the planet it orbits.
B A planet has less mass than a galaxy and more mass than the star it orbits. *
C A galaxy has less mass than a moon and more mass than a planet.
D A star has less mass than a galaxy and more mass than a planet.
9. Darnel wants to list types of radiation based on their ability to penetrate human skin.Which list shows the order of radiation types from lowest to highest penetration? *
A Infrared radiation, microwaves, radio waves, visible light, x-rays, gamma rays, UV rays
B X-rays, gamma rays, infrared radiation, mi- crowaves, radio waves, UV rays, visible light *
C Visible light, infrared radiation, UV rays, microwaves, radio waves, x-rays, gamma rays
D Radio waves, microwaves, infrared radiation, visible light, UV rays, x-rays, gamma rays
10. Ella is learning about different types of electro- magnetic radiation. She makes the following list about one frequency of radiation:Â· Can damage cells of living things Â· Blocked by Earthâ€™s ozone layerWhich type of radiation does Ellaâ€™s list describe? *
C Ultraviolet *
11. To find the volume of a few small marbles, a student will need which of the following scientific tools? *
A a balance and a centimeter ruler 3.0
B a spring scale and a calculator
C a graduated cylinder and water *
D a microscope and a micron ruler
12. A student includes the following sentence in a write-up of their investigation: The lead ball has a measured mass of 113 grams. Which kind of scientific statement is this sentence? *
D observation *
13. Some students measure the mass of a small pile of leaves before and after the leaves decompose. Each time the students measure the mass, they place a container with the decomposing leaves on a balance. Before recording the mass of the leaves, the students must do which of the following? *
A Subtract the mass of the container*
B Add leaves from other plants to the container
C Allow the leaves to settle in the container for a few days
D Use a metric ruler to measure the volume of the container
1. No diagram
For the ones I don't know, search Google under the key words, like "Ultraviolet " to get possible sources.