posted by John Doe
This is my module exam and I need someone to check it please only people who really know if the answers are right thank you.
1. Which federal agency is responsible for enforcing employment discrimination laws?
A. Veteran's Administration (VA).
B. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).***
C. Worker's Compensation Council (WCC)
D. Department of Education (DOE)
2.Aaron is going to fill out an application at the firm where he hopes to work. What should he bring with him?
A. A letter from his family stating that they should hire him.
B. A wrapped gift to hand to the people who run the firm.
C. A fact sheet with his references and important information.***
D. A friend who can assure the employers he is a good person.
3. This law prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities who work in the federal government.
A. Civil Rights Act of 1964.***
B. Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA).
C. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
D. The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Sections 501 and 505).
4. A(n) _____ résumé focuses on skills, credentials, and accomplishments over the course of all jobs held. Emphasis is on what you did, not when or where you did it. Accomplishments, qualifications, and experience are grouped together to emphasize your experience in specialty areas.
5.A person applying for a job is called a _____.
A. job application form
B. job objective
C. job applicant***
D. personal employer
6. Elizabeth is interviewing someone to come work for her new orphanage. What should she avoid asking?
A. Why do you want to work here?
B. What country are you from?***
C.What is your experience with this type of work?
D. Do you have any questions for me?
7.Maria and Paul have worked as customer service representatives for the same company for the past 2 years. They were hired at the same time and both have the same level of education and experience. Maria earns $9.55 per hour while Paul earns $10.25 per hour. Which federal law does this violate?
A. Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
B. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
C. The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Sections 501 and 505)
D. Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA)***
8. All of the following are characteristics of an effective team member except _____.
A. helping others
B. motivating others
C. Gossiping about others***
D. working with others
9. During your job interview you should _____.
A. wear clothing that is wrinkled or too revealing/low cut
B. wear lots of jewelry
C. make negative comments about previous employers or others
D. respond to questions and back up your statements about yourself with specific examples***
10. After a job interview, you should _____.
B. write a thank-you letter***
C. call the interviewer immediately to see if you got the job
D. call your friend to tell them about the interview