CHECK MY ANSWERS American Government
posted by Anonymous
CHECK my answers. they are all below
1. Which of the following represents one of Congress’s electoral powers? (1 point)
The Senate elects a president if the House cannot reach a consensus on a candidate.
The House elects a president if no candidate receives a majority of electoral votes.
The House elects a vice president if a third-party candidate receives a majority of electoral votes.
The House elects a vice president when a vacancy exists in the vice presidency.
2. Which of the following accurately recounts the impeachments of Presidents Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton? (1 point)
The Senate impeached them and the vice president acquitted them.
The House impeached them and the Supreme Court acquitted them.
The House impeached them and the Senate acquitted them.
The House subpoenaed them and the Senate impeached them.
3. How is Congress involved when the president negotiates a treaty with another country? (1 point)
The House must approve funding for the treaty.
The Senate needs to approve the treaty by a two-thirds vote.
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee must approve the treaty.
Congress is not directly involved but is informed of the process.
4. Drawing congressional district boundaries to the advantage of the party in power in the legislature is called which of the following? (1 point)
5. Which group believed in broad overarching powers for Congress? (1 point)
6. If the president negotiates a treaty with another nation, when does it become law in the United States? (1 point)
after it is approved by both houses of Congress
after it is approved by the House of Representatives
after it is approved by the Senate
after it is approved by the Supreme Court
7. What are the powers of Congress that are named, or listed, in the Constitution? (1 point)
8. Who has the power to begin the process of raising taxes in the United States? (1 point)
House of Representatives
9. The phrase Elastic Clause comes from which powers of Congress? (1 point)
10. Who holds the constitutional power to declare war? (1 point)
1.B - yes
2.C - yes
3.B - yes
4.A - yes
5.A - yes
6.C - yes
7.A - yes
8.B - I don't think so. Check your text.
9.B - yes
10.A - yes
Thanks Ms. Sue! House of rep is correct tho.
woah ms. sue actually helped someone
Thank you you have helped me a lot that is I used this to check my answers thanks and I was right
Ms. Sue 8 is correct 10/10 check your answers please it is definitely B