posted by Ilma .
Hello. I would be very grateful for your help.
1) Please help me with articles. I'm writing about a particular company. Should I use the definite article or no article in the following context: "(the ?) costs are likely to be higher than (the?) revenues".
2) "He said they would have to transfer to another university" (Is "would have to" correct?)
3) Which is correct: the academic yera At or In a university (I think At).
4) Which is correct, anything or something (maybe, both?) in the sentence: " Can you imagine anything / something like this happening in a city?"
5) Is my conditional sentence OK: "If my grandfather were alive, everything would be different now?"
Thank you very, very much.
1. Either way is fine. Without "the" often indicates more general reference, but either way works.
4. Either one works, yes.
5. Yes, correct