posted by belle
1. Which organisms are capable of converting gaseous nitrogen in the air into a form that other living organisms can use?
A. nitrogen-fixing bacteria
B. denitrifying bacteria
2. Which step in the nitrogen cycle is accelerated at the beginning of the eutrophication process?
B. nitrogen fixation
C. producer uptake of nitrogen
D. consumer decomposition
3. Which of the following is carried out by denitrifying bacteria?
A. break down large, nitrogen-rich molecules to simple molecules
B. build large, nitrogen-rich molecules from simple molecules
C. convert biologically useful nitrogen to gaseous nitrogen
D. convert gaseous nitrogen to biologically useful nitrogen
4. Which type of organism moves nitrogen from cells of producers back to the soil?
C. nitrogen-fixing bacteria
D. denitrifying bacteria
5. What would be the consequence of an ecosystem that had no nitrogen-fixing bacteria?
A. Nitrogen from decomposing animals would never be returned to the soil.
B. Decomposers would not be able to break down the nitrogen present in plants they feed on.
C. Plants would have to rely on biologically available nitrogen present in the soil.
D. Consumers would not survive since they would have no way to obtain the nitrogen they need.
My anwers so far:
3.D or C