Quick English check
posted by Anonymous .
The sentences below have transitive verbs so each verb has a direct object. Read each sentences and underline its direct object. (Underline the subject once, and double underline the action verb and circle the do. please correct me if I'm wrong!
5. He removed the picture from the wall. ( underline he, double underline removed and circle wall.)
6. The children played games at the party. ( underline the played, double underline games and circle party.)
8. Did you take your vitamins? ( underline did, double underline take and circle vitamins.)
5 and 6. No. An object is never in a prepositional phrase.
6. None of your answers are right. What is the action word (verb)?
8. The verb is "did take." Who is supposed to perform this action?