posted by rfvv
Posted by rfvv on Friday, July 11, 2014 at 3:01am.
1. Exchange points with another team.
2. Swap points with another team.
(Are both the same?)
3. Take away 300 points from one team.
4. Bring 300 points from another team.
5. Take away 30 points from each team.
(Are they the same in meaning?)
(Do we have to use 'one' or 'another' if there are three teams and they are playing a game related to getting points by answering questions on slides? Do you have some more suitable expressions we can use in such a game?)
English - Ms. Sue, Friday, July 11, 2014 at 12:11pm
1 and 2 are both correct.
3 is correct. 4 is wrong. 5 is different; it means that you're taking points from all of the teams.
Thank you for your help. Are the following grammatical and the same, and can we use them in a game? Can we use 'another' instead of 'one'?
6. Take away 300 points from one team.
7. Remove 300 points from one team.
8. Get rid of 300 points from one team.
9. Delete 300 points from one team.
10. Take out 300 points from one team.